Hello there! Today, I'm excited to share with you my recipe for delicious coconut macarons. These delicate and decadent treats are perfect for any occasion, whether you're looking to impress guests at a party or simply want to treat yourself to a sweet snack.
- Piping bag with a round tip
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Serving Size: 1cookieCalories: 120calFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, almond flour, and shredded coconut until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until they become frothy.
- Add in the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in the granulated sugar, one tablespoon at a time, while continuing to beat the egg whites. Beat until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Add in the vanilla extract, coconut extract, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites until the batter is smooth and well mixed.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe small circles of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each macaron.
- Tap the baking sheet gently on the counter to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Allow the macarons to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to form a skin on the surface.
- Bake the macarons for 15 minutes or until they're lightly golden brown.
- Allow the macarons to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them.
- These macarons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can also freeze the macarons for up to 1 month.
- You can use different colored coconut shreds for a fun and festive touch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply