Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Hi there, fellow baking enthusiasts! I'm a stay-at-home mom who loves spending her free time in the kitchen, creating delicious treats for my family. Today, I want to share with you my favorite recipe for Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies. These cookies are not only sweet and chewy, but also have a rich chocolate flavor that everyone loves. I'm excited to show you how easy and fun it is to make these cookies that will impress your guests and make them think you're a professional baker!
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
Serving Size: 1CookieCalories: 150calFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon to make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden and the centers are set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place a few chocolate chips in each indentation.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, melt the raspberry jam in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the melted jam over the chocolate-filled indentations of each cookie.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top of each cookie, if desired.
- You can use any type of jam or jelly you prefer in these cookies.
- These cookies are perfect for parties, holiday gatherings, or just as a sweet treat for yourself. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply