Butter cookies, also known as shortbread cookies, are a classic dessert that are known for their buttery, crumbly texture and delicate flavor. Here is a recipe for butter cookies that yields about 24 cookies.
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutters
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Serving Size: 1CookieCalories: 110calFat: 7gSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 1g
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and salt, and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into desired shapes, and transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy your delicious butter cookies!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!