Biscotti are a type of Italian cookie that are often served with coffee or tea. They are crunchy and slightly sweet, and can be made in a variety of flavors. Here is a recipe for classic biscotti that yields about 40 cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds finely chopped
Serving Size: 1CookieCalories: 120calFat: 4.5gSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3g
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 3 inches of space between them.
- Bake the logs for 25-30 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the logs to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the logs diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place the slices back onto the baking sheet, cut side down.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and bake the biscotti for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until they are crisp and lightly golden. Remove the biscotti from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy your biscotti with a cup of coffee or tea!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!